Here are some 'Frequently Asked Questions' that you may find helpful.

If you have have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us or call our insurance team on 1300 309 169.

How do I apply for insurance?

In the first instance you will need to complete an application form. As our application forms are tailored to the business activities that you undertake, you will need to contact our insurance team to obtain one.

We will also require evidence of your qualifications and licences.

What is the excess if I have a claim?

Generally $500 for pest control related activities.

How much will insurance cost me?

There are a number of factors that determine the cost of insurance, such as type of work being performed, turnover, level of insurance cover taken and claims history.

A detailed premium advice can be prepared for you which will detail the cost of insurance for your individual requirements.

Can I pay monthly and does this cost extra?

Monthly payments are available, however they do incur additional charges.

What is, and can I get 'Retroactive' cover?

Retroactive cover provides insurance protection for work that you undertook prior to the commencement of your current policy. 

If a claim arises from work that you did 2 years ago and if your current policy provides retroactive cover with a date prior to this work, then your current insurance will cover this claim subject to the rest of the policy's terms and conditions. In the event that you didn't have retroactive cover this unfortunately won't be covered by your current policy, and generally not covered by your previous insurer if their policy was a 'claims made' policy.

Pacific International can offer retroactive cover back to the date that you first started to hold continuous, and similar, insurance for your business.  We look at retroactive cover on an individual basis taking into account your insurance history.

Can I take liability and/or professional indemnity on its own?

You can have insurance for liability or professional indemnity on its own. However we don't recommend this as you could be leaving yourself unprotected in the event of a claim.

If I contract to someone else do I need my own insurance?

Generally yes, however contact our insurance department to discuss your individual circumstances.

What is, and can I get 'Run-off' cover?

If you cease to run your business or sell it we suggest you take 'run-off cover'. This liability and/or professional indemnity insurance cover will protect you in the event that someone claims against you once you are no longer in business.

'Run'off' insurance, generally, has a reduced premium compared to standard liability and professional indemnity insurance.

Can I cancel my policy and get a refund?

Yes you can cancel your policy. You will receive a refund from which a small cancellation fee is deducted.